Saturday, March 14, 2009

Scissors Anyone?

Well, today has been an interesting day at our house. I woke up from a nice much needed nap to my husband saying "What did you do......Oh no! What did you do?" As a mother, that is not something I love to wake up too. Well J came running into the room with Miss Boss's hand and he was carrying this.......

It turned out Miss Boss was sitting at the kitchen table eating a snack when she spotted some scissors. Now let me tell you she got put on scissor "restriction" this week for cutting my kitchen curtains already. She asked her daddy for some more to eat and when he went in there this is what he found.

I can't believe that she cut her beautiful hair. I was furious with her. I sent her to her room so I could calm down and think about what I was going to do. When I called her back into my room. I told her I was mad and that I can't believe that she cut her hair and I asked her why she did. She just looked at me and she was crying because we have had this conversation over and over again that we only cut paper with scissor. I asked her if she liked it and she said "Yeah". I told her that I did not like it so she asked me if I "could put it back". When I told her I could not she cried and cried and cried.


I spent some time cutting about an inch and a half off of her hair and she is going to have to wear a clip in her hair until her "bangs" grow out. Of course, she will never make a normal look for the camera. Gosh, I love this girl even if she does some crazy things. I guess we will look back on this one day and laugh.


5 comments:

misty said...

Oh no Aimee! When I went to my blog and saw you had updated with "Scissors anyone?" I thought "Layla's gone and cut her hair." I guess every kid has to try that one at least once. At least she didn't take an entire side off or anything.

When Devlin was three he went in Kevin's bathroom and took his little electric shaver thingee and went straight down the middle of his head, all the way to the scalp. It was a sort of reverse mohawk. Then he did it on one side. We had to have his entire head shaved and he looked pitiful for a month. My mother-in-law commented that he looked like he had leukemia. We look back now and laugh, but it was not funny at the time.

Miss Layla is a character, that's for sure!

monica said...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL .... I know, so not funny at the time. I found the pics on facebook last night and was heart broken, reading the story and knowing that kid..... I can now laugh and shake my head. It's what they all do once, right. My day is coming, yeah yeah yeah. I showed Andy the blond hair picture first and asked him "Does this look like familiar hair to you?" He said "oh nooooooo it's Layla's isn't it?"

Thank heavens only once in my preschool career of 11 years have I had one do it at school, but that once was terrifying. I looked UNDER a table to see her chopping away at her LONG, BUTT LENGTH (nice term huh?) blond hair that she was snipping away. Explain that to another parent, yikes!!

That's what happens when Daddy is left in charge! :) Poor Jason! When I was little bitty and we were on vacation, Mom got a shower and Dad was "in charge". He was watching TV and when Mom came out I was eating a worm!!!!! Really not eating, they say "giving it a bath", b/c I spit it out whole. Those Daddies, can't turn your back for a minute, don't they know that? :)

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL....

Scott and Katie said...

OMG...I but you about died! The joys of having kids. If its any consilation you can't tell with the bow in her hair.

Anonymous said...

Oh Aimee, I am so sorry. I can only imagine AG doing this. I think my only hair experience was gum right in my bangs on the way to church! NO PB was around. Hope she learns soon. It was great seeing you both again.

cathy said...

Girl, that is the funniest thing. When I first saw it I counld not beleive it, she got it good but the more i look at it it makes me laugh. I can just see your face! He He He!! It does look better with a clip!
I know when walker did it I just smiled but the day Reese does it...I know I will cry.