Sunday, April 10, 2011

After an extremely long hiatus......We are back to the blogging world.

It is almost--almost embarrassing that I have not blogged in almost a year. I can't say that there really is a reason for it. I guess that life is busy with 2 little ones and I just had to let something fall to the wayside and blogging was just that. Hopefully, and I know I have said this before, but I would like to start updating my blog more than once a year (we will see). I know it will be impossible for me to update the year so we are going to just start where we are.....Spring Break. Last week was Spring Break and I have been under the weather so Daddy was pretty much in charge all week. To spare you the details I had my gallbladder removed and a hernia repair done the Friday before we were out of school. I spent my first weekend of Spring Break pretty much drugged up. The kids survived and I am sure had fun with Mimi and Pappy and Daddy. We had to spend the beginning of our week very low key. Towards Thursday we were ready to get out of the house. We decided to take the kids bowling (their first time) and the go to Hopdonalds (what Captain Drools calls McDonalds). It was a fun outing. On Friday, we went to the park. The rest of the weekend we spent in the backyard. One of my favorite things about or tiny house is our huge backyard. For the kids birthday this year (3 and 5....too old I know) the grandparents bought them a swingset. It took 2 days for daddy and pappy to put it together, but I must say it was the best money EVER spent. We are always in the backyard having fun now. Here is my lovely backyard. Here is the part of the yard with the swingset. We really have loved it. I just wish we had gotten one sooner. We spent everyday of our Spring Break enjoying lunch outside. We also spent lots of time blowing bubbles which is one of their favorite things to do.



On Saturday, the weather got into the 80's so we thought that it was time to break out the sprinker. Miss Boss LOVED running through the water and getting wet.


Captain Drools not so much. This is as close as he would get to the sprinkler, but he enjoyed watching his sister play.

Here is a picture of my girl enjoying the swingset and making a silly face for the camera.


His sweet little smile happens to be one of my most favorite things to look at!!!!

I am not ready to go back to work. I was so very blessed to get to spend the week with my beautiful family, but I only have 6 more weeks and we get to do all of this everyday!!! :)

0 comments: