Monday, April 18, 2011

A typical Sunday at Mama and Daddy's

While I was growing up I looked forward to EVERY Sunday. We would go to my grandparents (Mimi and Papa) and eat Sunday lunch with the whole family. We would spend the day eating and playing with all of our cousins. It is one of my favorite memories from childhood. I am also so very happy that it is a tradition I have passed along to my kids. Almost every Sunday we go to my parents to eat after church and hang out with the family. Here are some pictures of a typical Sunday.....

Playing the cousins in the yard.

Hanging out in the back of Pappy's truck.


Being silly with Daddy.




Playing on the slide.


Playing ball in the yard.



Everyone likes to sit around a chit-chat.



Swinging with Uncle Dave.



Stopping for a quick second to look at the camera.



Fishing with Uncle Luke.

This happens to be one of there favorite parts.

This Sunday the fish were not biting. :(



Sunday's happen to still be one of my favorite days. I thank God daily for the wonderful family I have. Not only are they my family, but they happen to be my dearest friends. I feel so very blessed!!!!

3 comments:

monica said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Traditions are important. We ate supper at my Grandmother & Grand Daddy's house (Dad's parents) every Thursday night. I knew it, I counted on it, I looked forward to it. - Same thing with Maw Maw & Paw Paw on Friday night. We didn't eat there, but visited. In high school I remember being so frustrated I wanted to go to the football game or out with friends, but first I had to go visit MawMaw & PawPaw. Those are times now though that I am so thankful to have had!! - Not just the big holidays, but the everydays ....

Elso said...

Love the post! I can' believe how big your sweet babies are getting to be. We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

me too!!