Friday, April 24, 2009

Love Dare


For months my husband and I had heard about the movie Fireproof and that we really needed to watch it. Well, for our Valentine's date this year we rented the movie, put the kids in bed, and watched it. It was so good. I cried through the whole movie. Here is the trailer if you are not familiar with the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K23hSajG2K8




We have luckily had the opportunity to participate in a 40 day Bible study. The Bible study is called Love Dare. Love Dare personally leads you through daily devotionals, records your thoughts and experiences, and ends each day daring you to perform a simple act of love for your spouse. We are currently on Day 3. On Day 1 our first dare was not to say anything negative to one another. On Day 2 we had to continue to not say anything negative and then to preform a random act of kindness for one another. I decided to put away Jason's laundry....this might seem weird to some of you, but he always tells me I have to put mine and everyone elses up so to please not worry about his. He also has more laundry then everyone else combined. (From coaching and work I guess) It took me 30 minutes to put fold, hang up and put away all of his laundry. Last night after dinner I came into the living room and set down and played with the kids while My hubby cleaned the entire kitchen. He washed the counters, put away food, loaded, and unloaded the dishwasher. It was so wonderful. Today is Day 3. Today our dare is to buy our spouse something during the day to let them know we are thinking about them. I must admit I didn't give my husband that much credit. I figured he would just pick me something up on his way home from soccer practice tonight, but to my surprise when I got home from lunch with my family this was waiting in the kitchen for me......



He must have came home during his planning period in order to surprise me. Boy did he surprise me. It was so very nice. I can already tell in 3 days that this is going to be a very big changing point in our marriage! I am very eager to see what else God has in store for us as we continue to grow together. I am sure it is going to get harder (because so far it has been fun). I will try and remember to update on how it is going.

4 comments:

misty said...

I bought the book but couldn't get past day one! It's hard to not say something negative when you've been doing it for years.

Kevin wants to just skip ahead to the part where you have a romantic night together. Figures!

Keep me posted on how it goes. I might give it a try again.

Ruthie said...

How sweet, those flowers are so pretty!

cathy said...

Sounds great! Loved the movie too! Flowers are beautiful!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the great inspiration Aimee! Doug and I may start over :-) Last week was just the devil working on us and I refuse to allow that!