Saturday, February 28, 2009

Captain Drools Turns 1!

I can't believe how fast this year has been. My sweet little boy is 1 today. He has brought so much joy into my life. I was telling my mother today how very different his first has been compared to his sisters. When Miss Boss was little I would put her on a blanket on the floor and then I would work around the house and do the things I needed to do, but I have NEVER been able to do that with him. Also, I never strapped Miss Boss into the grocery cart because she would always sit there so very nice and never try to move. Somehow Captain Drools can be strapped into the cart and wiggle his way out in seconds, no matter how tight the strap is. I am not complaining, please don't get me wrong. These are the things I love about him. I love that I am always chasing after him (his favorite game) and how he sticks EVERYTHING into his mouth and if he sees me coming he shoves it in there and clamps down on his jaw because he knows I am going to fish it out. I love that the only time he is not smiling is when he wants to eat. This boy is the light of my day. He has the sweetest smile and it always brightens my day. I can't wait to see what the next year holds. I have to rest now while he is still crawling because when the walking starts I am going to be in for some trouble!










5 comments:

monica said...

*sigh* time flies...... he is by far the happiest baby i've ever known. we love him and hope our little cole is just as sweet. (andy asked me just last night "what are you gonna do if cole is that big and heavy".. he he he .. get muscles i guess)

cathy said...

I can't beleive he is one years old. He is the cuttest. They are growing up to fast!

Wendy said...

Man, I can not believe he is one!! He is so precious!! So neat to have one of each - both so different but loved so much! :-)
Hopefully his party was not dampered too much by the snow.

Anonymous said...

Mimi says, sweet boy!!! I love him to pieces!!!

misty said...

He is gorgeous! I am still cracking up about how you said he gets so excited when he sees food. You really need to tape that and post it on here one day!

Happy Birthday Tanner!!