Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Christmas Parade

The wonderful little town we live in decided they were going to have a Christmas parade this year. Anyone who knows we well knows that I LOVE parades. I am not really sure what exactly I like about parades, but I love them none the less. Well, on with the story. I had been excited about going to see the parade all day. The letter I got in the mail said it was to start at 5:30. I bundled everyone up and forced my husband (who hated parades) to get going. We arrived about 5:15, in the freezing cold, to see the parade. We sat outside till about 6 when the parade finally started. I was so excited about seeing it and Miss Boss and I were talking about itthe whole time we waited. Santa was supposed to be there and everything. And then it happened. The parade that we waited outside for 45 minutes in the freezing cold started and ended in all of 5 minutes. There was a float, a fire truck, about 4 girl scout troops and then Santa. And let me tell you how disappointed I was in Santa. He was a fake. Not even a real beard I was so mad. This is the first year that Miss Boss really understands the whole Santa or at least I thought. When Santa went by she turned to me and said "Where's my bike." I then had to explain to her that Santa doesn't come to her house until Christmas and I thought I had done a pretty good job explaining myself until the next day when she told my mom the "Santa not bringing me a bike." Poor baby girl. I don't ever remember this being so very confusing.


Here is Captain Drools waiting on the 5 minute parade.

Miss Boss and me trying to keep warm and waiting for the parade to start.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love! the pictures! The one of you and Layla is soo precious!

misty said...

The boys' football teams were supposed to be in this parade. I'm glad we chose to skip it!

I'll have to add the parade to my list of entertainment in Paulding County. Maybe I'll make a "holiday entertainment" list. Read my latest blog post to see what I'm talking about!

monica said...

Awww... I'm telling you Dallas does it RIGHT and next year... we'll go and take ALL THE KIDS!!!! :) :) It makes me smile when I see munchkin boy and his blanket, plus there you are wearing your scarf! :)

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

Our town's parades are so lame. We could slap a "Hermanson Family" sticker on our van and be in the parade. I refuse to go now.

Wendy said...

This is SOOO funny!! I know you do love parades and hate that you were so disappointed in this one. I wonder who the heck thought it would be a good idea to do that lame of one - we should write a letter!