Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Nutcracker


My sister is the office manager of a local dance studio and she invited Miss Boss and I

to go to the dress rehearsal of The Nutcracker. I was really nervous about how Miss Boss was going to act during the performance because sitting still for a ballet can be hard for a grown up not to mention a 2 year old. We went and picked Aunt Ruthie up and went to eat pizza and then we went see the ballet. Miss Boss didn't move a muscle through the whole show. She LOVED it and I was suprised at how well she did. She actually kept telling Ruthie and me you have to be quiet to see the ballerinas. I guess we were talking to much. We have decided to make it a tradition every year. Also, I am going to try and take her to some different types of shows to see if she would like them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was much better than uncle dave at the ballet :)

monica said...

I almost suggested a few months ago going to see a version of "Brer Rabbit" that the center for puppetry arts was doing. I wasn't sure she'd like sitting still though. We'll have to take ALL THE KIDS (do you see me saying that alot ?! ;) to the circus, Disney on Ice, Rockettes @ Christmas and... oh so exciting!!