Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baby Trey's Shower

This summer was such a busy summer with baby Trey and Luke and Naomi's wedding that we decided to delay our family baby shower till today. We thought that it was a good idea. The theme of our shower was Come And Meet Baby Trey. I thought this actually turned out very well. It was nice to be at a shower were the baby actually got passed around and loved on. I absolutely love giving showers. My sister and I always have so much fun talking about them and coming up with ideas. I love getting to be creative too. I decided to make my second attempt at a diaper cake and I was proud of it. We used it as the center piece on the table where all of the food was. It is really easy to make. The hardest part is decorating and finding what looks good where.

We tried really hard to get some good pictures of the kids together. It is very difficult to get everyone to look at the camera all at once. Layla only wanted to look at baby Trey. She loves holding him and she didn't want anyone to take him away from her. I had to tempt her with something in order to get her to put him down. She loves being a cousin and she is so very bossy with Tanner and Trey. During the picture taking (there were lots of cameras) Tanner was trying to move and Layla stuck her arm out and stopped him. She loves telling everyone she is the boss. I have visions of the three of them playing together when they are older and Layla telling them what they are going to do and both of them doing whatever she says. I love it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That diaper cake is WAY too cute! I bet you guys had a lot of fun! I had 2 come meet the baby showers and I LOVED them! It is so much fun to have a shower for a baby you can hold and love on!

I hope we can get together for lunch sometime! Your aunt Monica said she would like to as well!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

SO,SO PRECIOUS, THOSE GRANDCHILDREN OF MINE. I KNOW WHY THEY CALL THEM GRAND!!! MIMI

monica said...

I'm editing my kiddo pics right now. It's hilarious to watch all of 'em in order, clicking through. They are SO funny and literally had me laughing until I was about to cry. Just the pictures & telling Andy about it. Layla saying "I got it, I got it" holding them both back on the chair. Silly girl!!

And yep, I told Lindsey it was great to finally meet her after reading her blog & hearing her Mom talk about her. I told her we needed to do lunch so I can get to know her "in person" as well as through her blog. When you read about people through blogs you already feel like you know them. So fun! :)

cathy said...

love the cake. you do such a good job!

Anonymous said...

Hey Aimee - I didn't know you made that cake! I'm impressed, but that's not much of a compliment coming from someone artistically challenged. Ruthie and you did a wonderful job of celebrating Trey's arrival!

Lesley

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you made the diaper cake. I'm impressed, but that's not much of a compliment coming from someone who's artistically challenged! Ruthie and you did a great job!!!!