Monday, August 25, 2008

Fantasy Football 2008

The men in my family have been obsessed lately with fantasy sports. They played fantasy football last year along with fantasy basketball and baseball. This year they have talked the ladies into playing with them. On Sunday everyone came over to our house and we had a live draft. I, of course, really didn't know what I was doing so I printed a list of NFL players that I found on the internet and picked my draft choices by going down the list and picking whoever was next . I guess I have a good team. I really have no idea. We had a wonderful time together and it was so much fun to see how really into it everyone was. Jason has been researching this stuff all summer. He came with all of these print outs. He had told me from the start of all of this that he wasn't going to help me. Luckily, after I pointed out to him that every elses husbands were helping them he decided he would help me too. We had such a wonderul time as you can tell. Here is a picture of the draft board that Jason bought for the special occasion.

We asked Jason to explain to us about how to get points and win, but we weren't listening so he stopped.
Here is Jason, Naomi, and Luke during the draft.

Here is the board with all of our pics.
My brother Mark got a new smoker and decided to bring it over and cook us some ribs. Look at the rain. Luckily, we were able to cook in the garage. However, my house still smells like smoke from the ribs.
Don't these ribs look so yummy!
After a long day of hanging out and our football draft we all set down to eat together. We had such a great day. We really missed Ruthie though who wasn't able to come. It is never the same without her!
I think this is going to be a lot of fun to play. Jason and I have talked football all weekend and it has been suprisingly nice. It is nice to find something we can do together. I am looking forward to the season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. I missed you guys too :(

Anonymous said...

THOSE MEN! THEY KNEW WE WOULD LET THEM WATCH MORE IF WE WERE INVOLVED!
LOTS OF FUN AND VERY GOOD FOOD!!
MIMI

monica said...

Now college fantasy football, I'd be all over. :) The ribs do look yummy. They are by far my favorite thing Andy cooks, yummo!! We'll have to do another cookout here this fall again too! Just for fun! (and just to take kid pics with my fall junk in the yard!!) :)