Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just some of my beach pictures

We went to Gulf Shores Alabama last week and we had the best time. Here are just a few of the 200 pictures I took. I was looking at the last night and realized majority of the pictures are of Layla with a few of Tanner thrown in there. We had the best time. I knew that it was going to be a lot of fun since this seems to be the time that Layla is really discovering new and exciting things. It has been a year since we have been to the beach.

There were many things she enjoyed about the beach. The first one was the crabs. It was pretty amazing watching her catch the crabs. She was really good at it. They move so very fast and I don't think that I could catch them. At one point a crab or bitty bitty crab as she called it pinched her and she refused to put it down. Every morning when she woke up she asked me if we could build a sand castle. So that is how she spent majority of her time. When it came to the ocean she wanted nothing to do with it. She continued to tell everyone that the water was gross (it had lots of seaweed in it on the first day she saw it). She also was really worried about "The Ocean's comin." She refused to put her feet in it. The only way she would go out into it was if someone was holding her. Another part of the vacation which I think was her favorite was putt putt golf. It was the first time we have taken her to play and she never got bored the whole time we were there. All she wanted to do was play golf. She even cried when it was time to go. She asked everyday after that if we were going to play golf. I think Jason and I are going to take her again to go play soon.

Feeding the fish at the oyster house.
Tanner in his seat while we are all playing golf. Poor guy.



I brought one of my beach hats for Layla to wear and I love the pictures I took with the hat on.

Tanner sitting in the sand for the first time.

Jason and Tanner on the beach the last night we were there.




Layla looking at her bitty bitty crabs.


Tanner with his daddy's fish hook smile.
Tanner sucking his thumb.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE,CUTE,CUTE!! I NEED SOME LAYLA AND TANNER!!MIMI

Summer Pendley said...

Aimee,

I love the new pics! I think Tanner is beginning to look SO much like Layla!

I cannot believe that Layla touched crabs! She's brave. I wouldn't even do that! Yuk!

See ya'll soon..hopefully :)

cathy said...

cute pics! I can't beleive she would catch crabs. I don't think walker would have done that.