Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family Fun Fest

My dad is an avid runner and loves to run in races. His favorite race to run in is the US 10k classic which is held on Labor Day. They hold a festival on Saturday and Sunday with lots of things for the kids to do. The kids and I went with my parents on Saturday. (We missed Jason though, but he is back to coaching cross country so he was at a race.) There were a lot of vendors giving away a lot of free stuff as well as a very large kids area full of games and inflatables. Layla enjoyed herself as always. She loves bossing her Pappy around and I think he enjoys it too. They are a sight to watch together.

Here is sweet little Tanner. He loves to just sit in the stoller and watch everything.


Layla and Pappy playing a game.

This was so funny for me to watch. He just moved the see-saw up and down with his hands. Then Layla would move to the side he was on and order him to go to the other side and "do again". Layla wanted to get in the fire truck, but Pappy had to get in too. Layla is reaching her hand out to tell him to get in.
Here is Tanner. Always just so sweet. His daddy is not very happy about him wearing this shirt though.
Leaving the festival. We had so much fun.

1 comments:

monica said...

Pappy is such a trooper! I agree it is a sight to behold, those two together. Makes me miss my own Grand Daddy, that something special little girls have with their Grand Dad is something to cherish for sure. It's Andy's favorite race too. I haven't heard from him yet, it's 9:45. Wish I could run, wish I wanted to run... Nah.... LOL!!

Maybe next year we'll be there with yall and our own little one?! :)