Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Swimming


Those of you that know Layla know that she has several different fears that we are working through. This summer she has loved being in the pool and "swimming" with you holding on to her close and tightly. I am proud to say that we have finally gotten over that fear. Layla has started to try to swim on her own now. I am so very very proud. On the second day of trying to swim by herself Layla was in the pool with Ruthie and asked Ruthie to take off her "swimmies" because "I can swim" I told Ruthie to take them off. She did very reluctantly and let her go...Of course she sank to the bottom. Ruthie picked her up and after a short little cough Layla said in a very sad little voice...."I can't swim". It was so adorable. She is doing a great job swimming with her swimmies though. To bad the summer is almost over.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that me and Ruthie talking in the background? I hate hearing myself on recordings : )Oh well the video is adorable... I didn't cry at this one so that is a plus : )

Anonymous said...

Sweet, brave girl!!
Her Mimi loves her!!

adam warner said...

Awww, wish Andrew and I could come back to GA to swim with her again!

Stephanie said...

Awww, wish Andrew and I could come back to GA to swim with her again!

monica said...

I wanta see that live and in person. The weather isn't cooperating this week for our last week of official summer. Let me know if you go swimming this week!! Bunches of love!! (and for the record, I'm still having withdrawals from the kiddos)

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

This too shall pass. Eventually. Chloe still has her fears of the water. This past weekend she did swim out into the pool with her swimmies on. That's a first because usually she has the death grip on our arms.